This article is to teach payroll admins on how to administrate advanced salary on Payboy's system. Advance Salary has to be created as a pay item first before it can be used to be included in the payroll.
First, create a new Pay Item
- On the left-side menu, head to Payroll > Pay Items
- Look in the top right corner of the page and click + New Pay Item
- For Description, type "Advance Salary"
- Under Category, select "Salary" from the dropdown list
- Under CPF type, select "Ordinary wages" from the dropdown list
- Under IR8A code, select "Gross salary" from the dropdown list
- You can choose to pay a default amount per payment period, or prorate salary according to the amount of hours or days worked
- Click Submit to create the pay item
Adding the pay item in the Payroll
- On the left-side menu, head to Payroll > Generate Payroll
- Select the Payment Period and employees
- Scroll and and click Begin Payroll Generation
- Scroll down and look below the Pay Item header for the +Add More Pay Items button
- Click the drop-down button and select Advance Salary
- You will still be able to edit the pay item at this stage if you wish
- From here, follow the same processes as you would go through in normal payroll generation
Feel free to contact us if you face any difficulties through the support chat icon on the bottom right of the screen or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you within 3 working days.