Pay Scheme templates allow you to set up different types of pay schemes to select from when on-boarding your new employee.
It is important to set the Pay Scheme template properly, in order to:
- Ensure accurate calculation of the employee's overtime pay on his work day/non-work day/holiday.
- Keep up with Employment Act mandate by MOM Singapore.
Accessing and viewing Pay Scheme Templates
- Head to Payroll > Pay Scheme Templates on the side menu
How to Create a new pay scheme template
- Click the + New Pay Scheme Template button at the top-right hand corner
- Enter the Name of the pay scheme template
- Select the Type of pay from the dropdown list
Monthly: Pay is accorded on a monthly basis, taking into account all the working days in a month
Daily: Pay is accorded for every half or full day of work. For more information on what constitutes a full day of work, or how to change your company's work hours, click here
Hourly: Pay is accorded for every hour worked
- Select the Currency of the pay from the drop-down list
- Set the amount of the pay
- Choose whether the pay is pro-rated based on attendance logs
Note: This function requires the use of Payboy's Attendance module, which means that employees need to check-in and out of work either through the web portal or the mobile app for salary to be calculated accurately)
- Select the type of work hours that your employee has to work in.
Fixed Work Days: Your employee has a set of fixed work days every week. e.g. Monday to Friday.
Using Shift Planning(requires rostering module to be subscribed): Your employee works on a shift-schedule basis and requires a manager to plan the schedule weekly/monthly.
Fixed Timing: Your employee works a fixed timing each day.
Flexible Timing: Your employee works a fixed duration but do not need to work at a fixed timing each day. e.g. Your employees work 8 hours a day and can start work at any time in the day.
- Choose whether to include overtime pay
1. Checking overtime pay brings up a pop-up where you can set a base hourly rate for overtime work. The other settings available depend on the type of the pay scheme set earlier
2. You can decide whether the working day rate differs when working on normal days, non-working days or holidays
- You can set how the system records overtime when your employee works pass their normal working hours. We have 2 options available.
After Working Hours: Overtime will be recorded if the employee checks out after his fixed work timing.
After Fixed Hours: Overtime will be recorded after employee have worked a set number of hours per week or per month.
- Select the Holiday Group, which determines the calendar dates that will be taken as holidays for this pay scheme. For more information on how to create holidays and holiday groups, click here.
- At the bottom of the page, click on the Submit button to create the new pay scheme template
Alternatively, you can also create a pay scheme during the employee onboarding process when adding a new employee. Please refer to the Onboarding Employee section for more information.
Feel free to contact us if you face any difficulties through the support chat icon on the bottom right of the screen or email email@example.com. We will get back to you within 3 working days.