The Pay Items were created in the Payboy software to allow administrators to manage a myriad of monetary components which factor into an employee's pay. They are fully customizable and can either be additional payments or deductible sums.
Pay Items are separated into Categories, CPF type and IR8A codes. Selecting the correct option is integral as this will affect how much CPF you have to pay or how much tax you are liable to pay in your yearly IR8A submission.
How to create a new pay item
- Head to Payroll > click on Pay Items on the side menu
- Click on the + New Pay Item button at the top right-hand corner.
- Enter the Description, or the name of the pay item
- Select the Category of the pay item from the dropdown list
- Select the CPF type from the dropdown list
(Note: For more information about the different types of CPF contributions, click here)
- Select the IR8A code from the dropdown list
(Note: For more information about IR8A codes, click here)
- You can choose to set the pay item as a fixed amount, or prorated for every day or hour worked
- Click Submit to create the pay item
How to View, Edit or Delete an existing pay item
- Head to Payroll > Pay Items on the side menu
- On the row of each respective pay item, you can choose from the options to View, Edit or Delete
- If you click View for the particular pay item, you will be brought to a page showing the details of the pay item. From here, you can also choose to Edit the pay item if you want
- If you choose to Edit, you will be brought to a new edit page. Follow the above guide (How to create a new pay item) to make the necessary changes
- At the bottom of the page, click Submit to apply the changes
- If you choose to Delete, a pop-up message box will appear. Click Ok to verify the deletion of the pay item
Feel free to contact us if you face any difficulties through the support chat icon on the bottom right of the screen or email email@example.com. We will get back to you within 3 working days.