Before you start scheduling shifts for your employees, you are advised to choose a setting that works the best for your company. This is important because the workflow of shifts varies with different settings. Payboy allows two different types of scheduling workflow, which are bidding for shift and allocating employee according to their availability.
How to manage schedule settings
- From the side panel, select Attendance > Rostering settings
- Click the checkbox to allow for the rostering module on the employee portal. If it is not checked, employees will not be able to indicate their own available periods or register for shifts, and all shift planning will be done by admin accounts
- Click the checkbox to allow for employee acknowledgement when shift rosters are finalised. Employees that are confirmed for a shift will have to click and acknowledgement link in the roster emails sent to them
- Click the checkbox to allow shift bidding. Employees can express their interests to take on available shifts. For more information on shifts, click here
- Click the checkbox to allow employees to set available periods. For more information on availability periods, click here
- Set the grace period for withing which employees can cancel their confirmed shifts. The range can set be anywhere from a minimum of 0 to 60 days in advance. They will not be able to cancel their shifts at any later date
Feel free to contact us if you face any difficulties through the support chat icon on the bottom right of the screen or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you within 3 working days.