Creating shift templates will assist shift managers in easy assignment of shift timings and pay items for employees.
- To create a shift template, from the dashboard, go to the Rostering tab > Shift Template.
- On this page, select "+ New Shift Template"
- Fill in the mandatory fields, especially the fields "Time In" and "Time Out". Below is an example:
Branch: The branch/outlet where the employee is able to check in from depending on their GPS radius to the area. Can be set up here.
Name: The name of the template. Ensure that it is easily recognized by managers.
Non Working Day: If this is a non working day shift, you do not need to indicate the other details.
Time In & Out: Using the two timings, the system will be able to track the number of working and overtime hours.
Instructions: Leave relevant instructions for employees assigned with this shift template.
- Next, indicate the specific pay item you would like to use to pay out this shift. This is optional if you have already stated it in the employee's pay scheme.
- Next, if the check in and check out timings in the previous steps have been indicated, the "Total Shift Hours" should indicate the total hours in between each shift.
- From here, we will be filling in the working hours and break timing/hours. Using the "Hours Breakdown". Ensure that all the hours are accounted for.
In this example, the total shift hours are 7 hours and 30 minutes. The breakdown will be set as follows:
Break timing: 1 hour
Normal working hours: 5 hours and 30 minutes
Overtime Hours: 1 hour (using Multiplier or Hourly Rate)
- Click Submit
Feel free to contact us if you face any difficulties through the support chat icon on the bottom right of the screen or email email@example.com. We will get back to you within 3 working days..