Project Overheads are ongoing business costs which are incurred by the company but not directly attributable to the project. This feature can be used to add any additional cost to the project that isn't part of the payroll and claims.
How to add overheads to a project?
Step 1: Projects > Overheads > + New Overhead
Step 2: To create a new overhead, these are the compulsory (unless stated) fields
1. Type: Overheads by projects or employees
2. Name: The overhead name
3. Descriptions (Optional): A short description explaining what this overhead is about
4. Months: Month(s) that this overhead will be applied (can be more than 1 month)
5. Amount by month: The cost of overhead per month
6. Remarks (optional): A short comment about what this overhead is about
(Note: if the overhead type is “employee”, the overhead cost will only be included in project calculations if the employee has incurred time costs on that project during the chosen month.)
Step 3: After submission, overhead will be created and you will be directed back to the project overheads page.
(Note: Created overheads can be viewed and edited afterwards)
Feel free to contact us if you face any difficulties through the support chat icon on the bottom right of the screen or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you within 3 working days.