Departments and their constituent positions are representations of your organization's hierarchy.
The Payboy software allows you to add subsidiaries in the form of organizations and departments within those organizations. The departments will be furnished with their relevant positions, as customized by the administrator.
Setting up your departments and positions correctly will enable:
- Generation of custom Reports for your employee expenses
- Creation of Approval Groups between employees and their line managers.
- Scheduling of time slots for the Rostering system based on employee positions
How to add a new department
- Open up the side panel and go to Company > Organizations
- Click + Add more Departments to add departments to each respective organisation
- Click Add another Department to create and name your new department
- Click on Submit to save the changes
How to edit a department (and add/edit positions)
- Click Edit under the department desired
- Amend the Department Name if necessary
- For existing groups, you can edit the Title of the department position (e.g. Manager, Supervisor, Staff, etc.)
- Set the Approval Groups if necessary. Approval groups can be used to validate leave, claims or attendance
(Note: click here to learn more about setting up Approval Groups)
- Add Employees included under the title
- Alternatively, Remove the position if it is not needed
- Click Add More Positions if necessary
- Finally, click the Submit button to save any changes made
Feel free to contact us if you face any difficulties through the support chat icon on the bottom right of the screen or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you within 3 working days.