The next step after you have generated a payroll is to pay your employees. You can make payroll payments quickly with our bank integrations.
This article describes how to download a UOB GIRO file and upload it to your UOB corporate account using our UOB bank integration.
Before using this feature, make sure to call (+65) 6259 8188 to activate bank file transfer for payroll, or you will not be able to upload the payroll bank file.
NOTE: You must submit the file at least 1 working day before 6pm of the Payment date set within Payboy and the payment will be processed the next day. (Example: If you want the pay to be disbursed on the 5th Jan, you will have to set the payment date to 4th Jan and submit the file to UOB BIB Plus by 3rd Jan before 6pm.)
Getting the UOB GIRO File
- Head to Payroll > All Payrolls on the side menu
- Select the Year and Month of the payroll that you want to disperse (usually the most recent generated payroll).
- Click GIRO Transfer button. A list of banks will appear. Select DBS by clicking on it.
- Input your company bank Account number
- Click Download to download the file
Please ensure that you're using a java-enabled browser before processing file upload. If you are not, please open Internet Explorer 11 and enable Java using the following steps.
- Click Tools and then Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab, and select the Custom Level button.
- Scroll down to Scripting of Java applets.
- Make sure the Enable button is checked.
- Click OK to save your preference.
- If the BIBPlus file upload system is still showing that you're using a non Java-enabled browser, please proceed to download and install Java. Upon Java installation, restart your browser and you should be able to upload your file.
Uploading file to UOB BIBPlus
Go to Payment Services > Bulk Services
After which, move your cursor to the left side bar and expand the "Create Bulk Transaction" > Select "File Upload"
Fill up the relevant Description, for File Type*, select from the drop down box "FAST/GIRO payroll (Employee)"
* if you do not see this option within the drop down box, please contact email@example.com to assist you in opening up that option.
Select the bank account you want to transfer from on the Transfer From* column and adjust the value date as per desired. Click on the "Add File" button and upload the file downloaded from Payboy.
Feel free to contact us if you face any difficulties through the support chat icon on the bottom right of the screen or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you within 3 working days.