This module shows a compilation of all the shift cancellation requests sent by employees. Before they could cancel a shift, employees must indicate their reason. These processes will then be consolidated in our rostering system. Administrator will receive an email notification when an employee has sent a cancellation request. You may click the link provided in the email and proceed to step 2 right away.
Receiving email notification for shift cancellation request
- When your employee has sent a shift cancellation request, you will receive an email notification.
- Open the email and you will see a link which will direct you to the page where you can make your approval decision.
- The guide below will direct you how to approve or reject the shift cancellations request, please proceed to step 2 straight away.
How to approve/deny shift cancellation request (via website)
- Head to Rostering > click Cancellations on the side menu.
- The pending cancellation request will display both approve and deny button under Approval state as shown below.
- Click Approve button in order to allow the employee from cancelling the shift. Once clicked, a notification that says Shift cancellation was successfully approved will appear.
- Click Deny button in order to reject the employee from cancelling the shift. Once clicked, a notification that says Shift cancellation was marked as denied will appear.
How to allocate another employee from the waiting list
- Once approved, change With state under query to Approved.
- Click Shift button on the particular row of the approved cancellation request.
- Click Re-open button which is located at the bottom left and click OK.
- Click Shift button again on the same particular row of the approved cancellation request.
- Click 'x' button next to the name of the employee whose request has been approved in order to remove the person from the shift.
- Select the next available employee from the drop-down list.
(Note: If there is no other employee who indicates his/her availability, there will only be the initial employee's name in the drop-down list)
- Click Done and select either Save or Save & Finalize.
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you face any difficulties. We will get back to you within 3 workings days.