The next step after you have generated a payroll is to pay your employees. You can make payroll payments quickly with our bank integrations.
This article describes how to download a DBS GIRO file and upload it to your DBS corporate account using our DBS bank integration.
Before using this feature, make sure to call DBS BusinessCare at 1800 222 2200 to activate bank file transfer for payroll, or you will not be able to upload the payroll bank file.
Getting the DBS GIRO File
- Head to Payroll Management > Payrolls on the side menu. Select the Year and Month of the payroll that you want to disperse (usually the most recent generated payroll).
- Click GIRO Transfer button. A list of banks will appear. Select DBS by clicking on it.
- Input your company bank details such as Account number and DBS company ID accordingly.
- Click Download to download the file.
(Note: Your Account Number and DBS Company ID will also be saved for future use)
Uploading the file to DBS IDEAL
- Login to DBS IDEAL and go to your IDEAL Dashboard.
- Click Payments on the tab > Select Upload Profiles from the drop-down list.
- Create a new profile with type payroll and file format new interbank giro:
- Click Create New
- Give your Profile a Name (e.g. Company Payroll), select Payment Type as Payroll and File Format as New Interbank GIRO
- Click Continue to proceed to the next page
- Check Allow Payment Date Override by clicking on the box next to it. Select Private - Only visible and usable for creator as the Profile Access. Lastly, click on Preview button once you are done.
(Note: This page will allow you to select whether you want to allow a different payment date from the one selected in the bank file and also to toggle who is allowed to view this profile. You can keep the default settings if you have nothing to change for the following page)
- Double Check your selected settings and click on Submit
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you face any difficulties. We will get back to you within 3 workings days.