This article is to help admins with knowing what to look out for when handling payrolls for foreign workers. This is essential as there are a lot of other things to take note of for foreign workers that does not apply to Singapore citizens.
- On the left-side menu, head to Employees > click on New Employee
- Select Add Multiple Employees Through an Excel Upload, from the on boarding flow
- Download the excel template
- Fill in the necessary details on the page
- Fill up the necessary details, make sure that Foreigner option for Citizenship is selected
- Scroll down to Employment Info and choose the Work pass type and type in the Work pass number
- Also type in the Work pass application date, Work pass issue date and Work pass expiry date
- Fill in the Levy amount and Medical insurance policy number if any
- Click the Submit button
Note: If the foreign worker's email address has also been included, an email will be sent to the foreign worker to set up an employee account on Payboy
Self-Help Groups (SHG) are groups set up to uplift the less privileged and low income households in the Chinese, Eurasian, Muslim and Indian communities. All employees belonging to their specific communities need to contribute monthly to their specific funds. The Chinese to CDAC, the Eurasians to ECF, the Muslims to MBMF and the Indians to SINDA.
For more information on SHG, click here
Skills Development Levy (SDL) is a mandatory charge that you have to pay for all your employees working in Singapore, in addition to CPF contribution and Foreign Worker Levy (FWL). Foreign employees on work permits and employment pass workers are included and have to be paid for.
For more information on SDL, click here
The Foreign Worker Levy (FWL) is a pricing mechanism to regulate the number of foreign workers in Singapore. As an employer, you do not have to pay Central Provision Fund (CPF) contributions for your Foreign Workers. However, you must pay a monthly levy for Work Permit and S Pass holders via GIRO (General Interbank Recurring Order).
For more information on FWL, click here
If any of the above points are confusing to you or if you encounter any problems, feel free to contact Payboy Support at firstname.lastname@example.org