Pay Schemes shows the variety of pay schemes available in the company. It also indicates the type of pay scheme a particular employee is using.
There are 2 types of Pay Schemes:
- Shared pay scheme: Allows you to group employees with the same pay scheme together. Changes to the pay scheme will automatically be applied to all employees. Usually used for part-timers with the same pay scheme
- Individual pay scheme: Pay scheme that applies to only one individual. This is useful for full time employees who receive different pays.
It is important to set the Pay Scheme properly, this is because:
- To ensure accurate calculation of the employee's overtime pay on his work day/non-work day/holiday.
- To keep up with Employment Act mandate by MOM Singapore.
Toggling between Shared and Individual Pay Schemes
Toggle between shared pay schemes or individual pay scheme by clicking Shared or Individual tabs.
Alternatively a link is available at the bottom for quick access.
How to Create a new pay scheme
- Head to Payroll Management > Pay Schemes on the side menu.
- Click + New Pay Scheme at the top-right hand corner.
- Select the Type of pay
- For monthly pay:
- Name your pay scheme.
- Set the basic Monthly Pay of this pay scheme.
- Click the checkbox if you wish to Calculate overtime pay and fill up the additional overtime details:
- Working day overtime rate – select from dropdown a multiplier or customise by pay/hour
- Rest day overtime rate – select from dropdown a multiplier or customise by pay/hour
- Holiday overtime rate – select from dropdown a multiplier or customise by pay/hour
- For hourly pay:
- Name your pay scheme
- Set the basic Hourly Rate of this pay scheme
- Optionally, click the checkbox if you want to Determine working hours by roster (See rostering chapter for more information)
- Optionally, click the checkbox Calculate and issue overtime pay if there is any
- Optionally, click the checkbox to Exclude break time from hourly calculations if you wish to
- For monthly pay:
- Select the Employees you wish to put under this pay scheme
- Check the checkbox of the Pay scheme is only applicable to a single employee for it to appear as an individual pay scheme.
- Customize the Work Hours for this pay scheme (this box will not appear if you checked Determine working hours by roster)
(Note: Working hours will default to the global settings. However, you may change it to suit the pay scheme here.)
- Click Submit to create the new pay scheme.
Alternatively, you can also create a pay scheme during web onboarding process of a new employee. Please refer to the Onboarding Employee section for further information.
Terrific! Let's move on to the last step of the guide!
To go back to the summary of Beginner Guidelines, please click here.
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you face any difficulties. We will get back to you within 3 workings days.