Departments and positions represents your organization's hierarchy. In your company, your employee might belong to different departments and positions. Furthermore, you could also add another organization (your subsidiary).
Setting up your departments and positions correctly would enable you to:
- Generate custom reports of your employee expenses.
- Create approval groups which enables approval between management level employees and subordinate employees.
- Schedule time slots for Rostering system based on employee positions
How to add a new department
- Head to Company > click on Departments on the side menu.
- Click + Add more Departments below the existing departments of a particular organization
- Otherwise, you could click on Edit next to your organization's name (as both buttons lead to the same page)
- Scroll down and click Add Another Department button to input a new department.
- Input the new Department Name on the empty space
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 if you would like to add more new departments.
- Click the Submit button to save changes
How to edit a department (and add/edit positions)
- Click Edit on the particular department you would like to edit
- Amend the department Name (if necessary)
- Click Add More Positions (if necessary)
- Input the Title, Approval Groups, and Employees
(Note: click on the link and follow steps on how to set up approval group)
- Click Remove to delete that particular position (at the bottom of the box)
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to add more positions into the department.
- Click the Submit button to save any changes made
- Please ensure that you create the departments and positions properly for smooth process of employee onboarding and rostering
Click here to set up approval's management level of employees in the company.