Departments and positions represents your organization's hierarchy. In your company, your employee might belong to different departments and positions. Furthermore, you could also add another organization (your subsidiary).
Setting up your departments and positions correctly would enable you to:
- Generate custom reports of your employee expenses.
- Create approval groups which enables approval between management level employees and subordinate employees.
- Schedule time slots for Rostering system based on employee positions
How to add a new department
- Head to Employee Management > Departments on the side menu.
- Click + Add more Departments below the existing departments of a particular organization
- Otherwise, you could click on Edit next to your organization's name (as both buttons lead to the same page)
- Scroll down and click Add Another Department
- Input the new Department Name on the empty space
- Click Submit to save changes
How to edit a department (and add/edit positions)
- Click Edit on the particular department you would like to edit
- Input the department Name (if necessary)
- Click Add More Positions (if necessary)
- Input the Title, Approval Groups, and Employees
- Click Remove to delete that particular position (at the bottom of the box)
- Click Submit to save any changes made
- Please ensure that you create the departments and positions properly for smooth process of employee onboarding and rostering
How to add more organizations
- Head to Employee Management > click Departments on the side menu
- Below your existing organization, click + Add More Organizations
- Enter the Organization or Branch Name
- Enter the Department Name that exists in this new sub-organization
- Click Add Another Department that is located above Submit button to add more departments into this new sub-organization
- Click Submit to create this new sub-organization
- Repeat the guide on how to edit departments to add positions into each of the departments.
Click here to set up approval's management level of employees in the company.