One of the main advantages which the Payboy software affords for its users resides in its intuitive payroll generation process.
The system is able to automatically calculate unpaid leaves, claims, and time sheets submitted by employees. Consequently, it will generate an itemized payslip for each employee based on the figures provided.
Statutory compliance such as Central Provident Fund (CPF), Self Help Groups (SHG), and Skills Development Levy (SDL) will automatically be taken into account in payroll generation.
The payroll system also caters to the generation of Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) income tax submissions.
Last but not least, the payroll system is also able to generate GIRO transfer files for local banks (e.g. DBS, UOB, and OCBC)
(Note: There are two methods to generate a payroll depending on individual preference. Listed below is one method and you will be able to find the other method here.)
How to generate a new payroll
- Head to Payroll > Generate Payroll on the side menu.
- Select the Month and Year from the drop-down list for which you wish to generate the payroll (Note: This is set automatically to the current month and year)
- Select the range of dates for which the payroll should reflect. These dates should be customized within your payment period settings. To generate payrolls under adhoc payments or more information on adhoc payroll, please refer to this article.
- Select the relevant employees to be included into the generated payroll.
- You can also sort employees by different metrics using the Search query function (e.g. Name, NRIC, departments, positions, organizations, pay schemes, bank accounts, etc.)
(Note: click on the checkbox Select All to generate the pay of all the employees which fit the current search query. If there is no search query, all the employee payslips will be generated)
- Click Begin Payroll Generation to proceed
- You will be directed to a page where you are required to select the Payment receipt date. This is the date which will be reflected on the payslip when it is published to the employees (companies usually tie this date to the GIRO payment value date).
- Select the way to Publish Payslips to Employees from the dropdown. There are 4 ways available:
Manually – the payroll will not be published unless payroll administrator publishes it from the admin account
On Payment Date – the payroll will be published to employees on the Payment date
On Scheduled Date – the payroll will be published to employees on a selected scheduled date. (Note: When you select this, a field to select a Scheduled Date will appear next to it.)
Immediately – the payroll will automatically be published to the employees once you confirm the payroll
- Under the header Confirm Pay Items you will see the salary computed for the employees that month. It prorates the salary according to the number of days worked, taking any unpaid days into account as well.
- If the employee's pay is calculated based in attendance, select the calendar icon to view all attendance logs that make up the employee's salary/overtime.
- Claims that have been approved but not yet reimbursed will also show up, to expedite the payment process.
- At this juncture, you can choose to edit or delete any of the existing pay items
- You can also add more pay items if you wish
(Note: The relevant statutory levies, deductions and additions will be made automatically and shown in the following confirmation page)
- Scroll down and click Confirm to generate the finished payroll
For more information on how to view, amend or delete generated payrolls, you may view this article.
Feel free to contact us if you face any difficulties through the support chat icon on the bottom right of the screen or email email@example.com. We will get back to you within 3 working days.