Every company has its own policy on how to handle leftover leaves from the previous year.
Payboy allows you to modify settings on each Leave Type to customize how leftover leaves are handled - you can set them to be carried forward, encashed, or forfeited after the year has ended.
How to change Settings for a Leave Type
- Open the sidebar and select Leaves > Leave Types
- Select the Edit button for the Leave Type you wish to modify
- From here, you are able to edit various settings regarding the characteristics of the leave:
- Entitlements - You can select whether the leave type in question is applicable to all employees, or certain positions. Furthermore, you can allocate different quantities of leave accorded annually based on these different positions, as well as the employee's number of years in service
- Entitlement period - For the given leave type, you can choose for the leaves to be accorded all at the start of the year, or divided over every 1, 2, 3, 4 or 6 months
- Unused leaves - You can choose to either forfeit, encash, or carry forward unused leaves for the year.
(Note: If you decide to carry forward or encash leaves, you can set a maximum amount for each year. If you choose to carry forward, you can also select an expiry period for the leaves)
- Gender - Restrict the leave type do different genders (e.g. maternity leave only for females)
- Based On - Increment of leaves can occur either on 1 January of the year or on the employee's hire date anniversary.
- Proration - Choose whether leaves are prorated or non-prorated and the rounding details.
The following are a list of checkbox settings you can set for the leave type:
- Default settings - Newly onboarded employees will be assigned the leave by default, if they fulfill the conditions set
- Overflow - This allows for employees to apply for more leaves then they currently have, as long as it does not exceed their overall yearly amount
- Unpaid - The system will prorate the employee's monthly salary for the month in which the leave is applied
- Reason required - Employees will be required to write a reason justifying the leave taken
- Proof required - Employees will be required to upload a file (either PDF or image) as proof
- Apply to existing employees - If any currently onboarded employyes are eligible, the leave type will be accorded to them
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Submit to confirm
Feel free to contact us if you face any difficulties through the support chat icon on the bottom right of the screen, or email email@example.com. We will get back to you within 3 working days.