Claims are a crucial component of reimbursement and are prevalent in all companies, across all industries. Payboy's claim management system is robust and highly customizable, and is one of our highlighted features.
All claims must be approved to be included in payslip generation. As an administrator, you have the authority to create, approve and deny all claims reflected in the system.
The Payboy software allows for two types of claims - Single and Group.
Single claims are the typical form of claims - a single reimbursement for a cost incurred by an employee.
Group claims are a collection of claims. For example, all claims incurred on a business trip by multiple employees can be grouped into one group claim, and approved as a whole.
For no payout claims, refer to this article.
In this article, the focus will be on Group Claims
How to create a Claim (Single)
- From the sidebar, select Claims > New Claim (Single)
- From this page, fill in the employee's name, claim type and category (if any).
- The system will then prompt for more information such as whether it is a no payout claim, GST inclusive and date of expenditure. (Note: GST amount cannot be edited)
- Receipts may also be attached by clicking on the Attach Receipt button
- After all information has been entered, select submit.
Alternatively, creating a new Single Claim during payroll generation
- Open the sidebar and select Payroll > Generate Payroll.
- Select the employees to generate the payroll for and select Begin Payroll Generation.
- Look for the particular employee you wish to create a claim for and select +Add More Pay Items, located under the Department column.
- Select the Claim Type.
- The selected claim type will appear on the list. Input the Value of the claim.
- Click the Next button to proceed with payroll generation. The claim will be automatically created and the reimbursement amount will be included in this payroll.
View this article for more information on payroll generation.
If you face any difficulties, feel free to contact us through the support chat icon on the bottom right of the screen, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you within 3 working days.