Encashing leaves for resigned or resigning employees can be done in 4 main steps:
- Ensure that the employee has been off-boarded from the system so that the system is able to calculate the pro-rated salary and leaves.
- Go to the leaves tab > leave types > select edit on the leave type you wish to edit.
- Under these two settings, ensure that the first one is set to "Encash", then indicate the maximum number of days to encash (if any). Don't worry, this setting will not affect the existing leaves of continuing employees.
- Click on "Submit" after the above step has been completed.
- Head to the payroll tab and generate a payroll for this employee. The leave encashment should appear in a pay item entitled "Annual Leave Establishment".
Note: If the leave encashment is a negative number of days (overtaken leave), the amount will be a deduction. If the leave encashment is a positive number, the amount will be an addition.
- Go back to the page in step 2 and revert the settings! Continuing employees will not experience a disruption in their leaves.
Feel free to contact us if you face any difficulties through the support chat icon on the bottom right of the screen or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you within 3 working days.